25 questions to ask your significant other

November 29, 2012 at 8:02 pm 8 comments

On Pinterest, I keep seeing these lists of questions to ask your spouse. The questions are meant to help you strengthen your relationship. The questions range from, “How can I better show my appreciation of you?” to “What is a household chore you hate doing?”

I thought I’d share my own list. There’s more where these came from.

Questions to ask your boyfriend/husband

(It’s especially effective to ask when he’s trying to sleep, or when he is getting ready for work, or when he is concentrating on the road, or when he is watching the news, or when he is working on the computer, or when he is eating, or when he is trying to do anything at all. Men love that.)

1. If we hadn’t met, where do you think you’d be now?

2. Do you like my hair like this <pick a hairstyle> or like this <pick another hairstyle>?

3. If we were a Hollywood couple, which couple would we be?

4. <Press your forehead to his> What if we were stuck this way?

5. Would you rather have a freakishly huge smile or a freakishly small nose?

6. Do you like the name <insert any name> for our future child?

7. Would you rather I had no legs and you had no arms or vice versa?

8. What would be your last supper?

9. Would you rather be a giant hamster or a tiny rhino?

10. What would you think if one day I got a tattoo of your face?

11. If you could make the greatest three course fast food meal, mixing and matching restaurant chains, what would it be?

12. Would you rather drink your own pee or mix stranger’s spit into your drink?

13. If I decided I wanted to live as a man, would you stay with me? Would we share clothes?

14. If I had a conjoined twin, do you think you’d still be with me us?

15. Who would you rather be with from Twilight: Alice or Bella?

16. Would you rather have a tape dispensing mouth or a bottle opening nostril?

17. If I was dying, would you freeze my eggs so you could make a baby with(out) me?

18. How pretty, on a scale of 1 to 10, do you think <insert any name> is?

19. Would you rather only listen to Christmas songs or songs from musicals?

20. If you had to give me something from this page of <insert name of catalog>, what would you choose?

21. Would you rather have to sneeze every two minutes or always have the sensation to sneeze but never actually be able to sneeze?

22. Who would be your celebrity best friend? But what if s/he doesn’t get along with my celebrity best friend?!

23. Would you rather have ears on your collarbone or your wrists? Can you imagine wearing earbuds on your wrists? Hey, think about mittens with built in speakers! And you could answer the phone without taking your hands out of your pockets. Oh wait. How would your voice be heard? We’ll deal with that in the research & development stage.

24. Would you rather have a metal pin in your jaw that constantly picks up talk radio stations or have everything you say sound like you are falling off a cliff, making your voice trail away?

25. What are you thinking? Do you want to talk about it? I’m all ears! <hold up wrists.>

Entry filed under: love. Tags: , , .

O say can you see!? First comes love

• 1. Lizzie  |  November 29, 2012 at 8:35 pm

Oh my god, tears are streaming down my face I’m laughing so hard. And I don’t give out compliments often because I’m a stingy bastard, but this is effing hilarious.

Number 12 will haunt me forever.

• 2. Inside the mind of lulupants!  |  November 29, 2012 at 8:35 pm

LOL These are funny!! Love it!

• 3. MomMum-In-law  |  November 29, 2012 at 9:38 pm

LOL!…this is probably what Hell is for males. On a side note, I don’t think number 16 would be a hard question for them. Definitely think they would all choose “bottle opener nostril” and possibly think it would be a life-enhancing feature!

• 4. The Traveling Circus  |  November 29, 2012 at 10:01 pm

#19 I’m fine with either! :) Great list!

• 5. mcgamilton3  |  November 30, 2012 at 12:31 pm

I’m totally trying this tonight! Best relationship advice ever :)

• 6. Jennifer Pilgrim, The Newlywed Pilgrimage  |  February 18, 2013 at 4:19 am

This is hilarious & great for newlyweds too!

• [...] Turns out there are a lot of people who enjoy a good “would you rather” question. Here’s the second installment of questions to ask your significant other. [...]

• 8. Fine: the conversation killer | How to Play House  |  January 29, 2014 at 7:36 pm

[…] I like asking questions. I agree it’s the best way to get people talking. It is my go-to during awkward silences or in an effort to warm up to someone. I should be good at this. It was my idea. […]