Man v. Fly

March 14, 2013 at 8:25 pm 6 comments

There is just something wonderful about the taste of grilled meat. Or even peppers and onions for those herbivores out there. Wouldn’t you agree?

We are on a health kick as we usually are after a trip to the US and our Weber grill has been put to use every night. I imagine it’s similar to how new parents feel. Now they can’t imagine what life would be like without their baby and I can’t imagine what life would be without the BBQ grill.

For one, it’s gotten us both involved in dinner preparations which is a nice change. We look at each other after the first few bites and again, like amazed new parents, we say,  “Can you believe we made something so good?”

The other night we came home after a long day at the office and worked out together. Then we took turns chopping, marinating and grilling while the other one showered. Dressed in pajamas, we settled into the sofa for a relaxing evening of dinner in front of the television. All smug-like because, look at us, we are proper adults! (Hey, we gave up weeknight drinking!)

Just as we began eating, we noticed a massive fly buzzing around the room.

“What the deuce?” Scott said. “A fly? It’s freezing outside!”

“It must have flown in when you were outside grilling. Let’s eat and then you can shoo it outside. Just ignore it.”

He could not ignore it.

I give you, The Fly Hunter.

(The gasping you hear is just me laughing so hard I can barely breathe.)

I didn’t film him chasing the fly up the stairs or swatting him down the hallway. I barely heard the relieved “got ‘em!” over my chewing.

Scott plopped back down on the sofa and wiped his brow with the back of his hand. All I can say is, it’s a good thing we are no longer reliant on hunting for our meat.

Entry filed under: life. Tags: , , .

It’s eBay Now or never! It’s a wonder I haven’t been offered a book deal already

• 1. Jelena  |  March 14, 2013 at 9:00 pm

This is hilarious, thanks for the laugh!
    He had no idea you were filming him?

• 2. Sara  |  March 14, 2013 at 11:02 pm

Are you SURE you gave up weeknight drinking?

• 3. Valérie  |  March 15, 2013 at 9:49 am

HAHAHAHA, love the puzzled look on his face!

• 4. Scrabbella  |  March 16, 2013 at 10:55 am

This had me laughing aloud! For foo*s sake!!! Hilarious!!!

• 5. The Traveling Circus  |  March 18, 2013 at 6:37 am

I can hear in your voice you were enjoying this a little too much! :) Sounds like a perfect evening!

• 6. thenourishedsoul  |  March 19, 2013 at 2:23 am

I’d like to produce a docu-series starring Scott as THE FLY HUNTER.